Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A different recipe for fried rice

Here's how it's supposed to look:


Here's how mine looks:



Ok, so as you know earlier on in the blog I made fried rice. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I found a new recipe, that I LOVE!

Fried Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced
  • 2 stalks celery with leaves
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/2 lb fresh snow peas
  • 3 stalks green onion, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 cups cooked rice

Method

  1. Preheat large skillet or wok. Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce to the beaten eggs. Add one teaspoon sesame oil to the preheated wok, and scramble eggs until set. Remove from wok and set aside.
  2. Add the tablespoon each of sesame oil and olive oil to wok. Add onions, green and red peppers, snow peas, and celery to wok. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
  3. Add cooked rice and carrots. Sprinkle in the 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cook the rice for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
  4. Add cooked eggs and green onions, and cook for 1 minute more before serving.

Conclusion:

So, I loved this. Love it, like I'll make it any day of the week and enjoy it. I did make some changes, I didn't use carrots, red pepper or peas. I added chicken and broccoli instead. Soo good, love it. LOVE IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment