Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Caribbean Style Curry Shrimp

I have not posted in over a year, literally. Which is really sad, because I have been cooking up a storm in that time. But, now I am back and will be updating once again with awesome recipes. Success and failures.


CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE

How it's supposed to look:





INGREDIENTS:
Serves: 4
2 lbs fresh shrimps
1.25 fl oz oil
2 onions, chopped
1/4 shin of a scotch bonnet pepper finely chopped up
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 sweet pepper chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
black pepper
1 1/2 cups water


Peel and devein shrimp if necessary. Heat oil. Add the curry powder and continue to fry for two minutes. Then add the tomatoes, sweet peppers, salt, pepper and other seasonings. Add water. Bring to a boil then reduce. Add shrimp. Heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
Best served with white rice.



How Mine looks:
Conclusion:
Delicious, delicious, delicious. I've moved to LA, which is basically the land of no Caribbean food and most importantly no Caribbean family to cook for me. So I  was missing the comforts of home and decided to cook.

This recipe is awesome. It's favorable, and spicy, but not enough to burn your tongue. I am a huge fan of scotch bonnet peppers, in just about everything. Add to that my love of green peppers and curry and you have a match made in heaven. It was a taste of Jamaica.

0 comments:

Post a Comment