Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Naomi Fried rice

How it's supposed to look:




So, I moved back into my dorm. It's not so exciting, but I'm a senior and that's pretty cool. My good friend and I were supposed to go out to dinner and it didn't happen, so I cooked. I decided to make a different kind of rice and decided on fried rice. I searched the internet for something easy and not so bad eat and found the below recipe.

How Mine looks:

Rice Stir Fry recipe via allrecipes.com





Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
  • 3 green onions, diced
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper




Directions

  1. In a saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute broccoli until tender crisp, and add scallions. Remove from skillet. Scramble eggs; return broccoli mixture to pan. Stir in cooked rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper.

Conclusion:

So I really enjoyed this! It didn't taste the way you would think, but it was really really good. It was even better the second day after being warned in the pot. I also added greenpeppers and put a bit more soy sauce in it than the recipe calls for, because I wanted it to have that browning look. I also sauteed some shrimp and put some cajun seasoning on it. Ever notice that food tastes better when it's left over for the next day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment